Student newspaper of Park University

Stylus

New Year, New Changes: Park University way

Jayme+Uden
Jayme Uden

Jayme Uden

Jayme Uden

Cicely Nguyen, Staff Reporter

Headshot - Eric Blair

Eric Blair

Headshot - Jayme Uden

Jayme Uden

As students celebrated the new year, Park University underwent some major changes at its top-level positions. Park University promoted Eric Blair to the associate vice president of enrollment management and Jayme Uden, Ed.D.,to the associate vice president and dean of students.

Blair has been with Park University since 2001. He has held multiple staff positions with the school such as director of undergraduate admissions, special assistant to the president for enrollment, senior analyst for enrollment, assistant dean of student life, special assistant to the vice president for student services, assistant director of student life, resident coordinator and executive director of enrollment.

As Park University’s new associate vice president of enrollment management, Blair’s job involves making the transition process as easy as possible for new students. He manages and facilitates future enrollment plans for Park University. Blair hopes to continue growth in new enrollments.

“We’re ethical; we’re honest; we’re clear; we try to be overly communicative,” said Blair. “We’re always striving to be better at that so students can make an informed decision when they’re starting at Park University.”

Uden’s promotion means he will oversee student services for all of Park’s 40 campuses across the United States and supervise student-related offices such as the University’s Office of Student Success, Office of Student Life and Engagement, Office of International Students and the Department of Military and Veteran Student Services. He will also manage the student conduct, residence life, student counseling and dining services.

Uden has been at Park University since 2011 and has taken on several roles in his time at Park. From assistant dean of student life to associate dean of students and most recent position of dean of students, Uden has become well acquainted with Park University.
He is also no stranger to the bigger universities. He has worked as the assistant director for residence life at the University of Kansas and was a residence life coordinator at Kansas State University. Uden has gained experience interacting with students that has helped him excel here at Park University.

“I enjoy Park because I get to interact with students on a daily basis and do lots of different things to impact their lives,” Uden said. “That is the most important thing to me.”

As Park University’s new associate vice president and dean of students, Uden hopes to focus on the buildings and facilities that are frequently used by Parkville campus students. Renovations to Thompson Hall are in progress and should be done by August.