Stylus

Women’s soccer season ends in AMC semifinals

Park+women%27s+soccer+team+celebrating+their+first+of+four+goals+in+the+Nov.+2+game+against+Harris-Stowe+State+University+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Park women's soccer team celebrating their first of four goals in the Nov. 2 game against Harris-Stowe State University

Kalie Strain

Kalie Strain

Kalie Strain

Kalie Strain, Photographer

Isabel Sullivan is mid-stride running after the ball while a number 12 on Harris-Stowe's team does as well. Serena Ortiz is jogging in the background.

Senior Isabel Sullivan battles a Hornets player for the ball.

The women’s soccer team entered the AMC tournament seeded third, thanks to their 10-4 regular season record.
The Pirates played Harris-Stowe State University in the quarterfinal round at Julian Field on Nov. 2. The team defeated the Hornets soundly, 4-1.

Then the Pirates traveled to Columbia, Mo., to play Columbia College in the semifinal round on Nov. 5. The game was scoreless until the 23rd minute when the Cougars took a 1-0 lead. The Pirates couldn’t respond offensively; they were outshot 17-6 in the game. Park lost 3-0 and ended the season 11-5.

Junior Taylor Buckholz passes the ball mid-field while junior megan Klein runs towards her.